Hiring me to write, edit or proofread your content
If you’d like to hire me to write, edit or proofread for you, here’s how it works:
You email me, giving me as much information as you can about the project including:
- Is it a writing, editing or proofreading job?
- What does your organisation or business do? (If you have a website, include this)
- If it’s writing, what exactly do you want me to write – a feature article, case study, profile, blog post?
- How long do you want each piece or page to be?
- If it’s for the web, what keywords do you require in the text? Or do you want me to do keyword research?
- If it’s for the web, how many pages do you want me to write?
- Are you going to give me enough information to write the content from, or will you expect me to do some research?
- If you require me to do interviews and write them up, who do you want me to interview and will you provide the people or require me to find and approach them on your behalf?
- Is this a one-off job or ongoing?
- What is your deadline or timeframe?
- Is there an existing website or printed publication I can refer to?
Based on your information I will email you a quote for the job.
It’s important you state exactly what you require and provide as much information as possible so I can estimate the time required to complete the task and give you an accurate quote.
You accept the quote and hire me to do the job.
I confirm the job with you and email you an invoice for 50% of the fee, which is payable BEFORE I start work.
In this email I will outline what is included (if editing or proofreading it includes ONE round of revisions), confirm the requirements and let you know when I anticipate completing the job.
You pay the 50% deposit by direct deposit into my bank account or Paypal.
Once I have received your payment I will contact you to request what I need to start work.
I complete the work and send you the written or edited draft.
Generally speaking I work in Microsoft Word for writing draft content. When editing I use the tracking feature so you can see and approve or reject changes.
If any revisions are required, you email them to me, I implement these within an agreed timeframe, then email you the second and final draft.
If I have written new, draft content, you use the tracking feature in Word to give specific feedback for changes, or in the body of the email for overall/general feedback. One round of revisions is included in the fee.
I email you an invoice for the balance of my fee and close the job.
If you’d like to hire me to write original and engaging copy, or edit or proofread existing content for your website, blog, e-book, e-zine, magazine or newsletter, send me an email to info [at] katrinafox [dotcom] with as much information as possible.
You may like to read some of my client testimonials.